Tuesday 24 February 2015

Lagos airport cleaner returns N12 million found in toilet to owner



The other day, a taxi driver, Imeh Usuah, was honored by President Goodluck Jonathan for returning N18 million forgotten in his cab to the owner.

Now, one Miss Josephine Agwu, a cleaner with one of the cleaning concessionaires at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport in Lagos is to be rewarded by the Lagos State House of Assembly for finding and returning a sum of N12 million to the owner.

Tribune Newspaper reports that the House of Assembly took the decision to invite Josephine to appear before it at a later date during its sitting following resumption from a month long recess.
It has, therefore, requested the Clerk of the House, Segun Abiru, to put everything in place to invite the lady to the House.

Abiru said that the affected lady, who earns a monthly salary of N7,800, was given just $50 the second time she found and returned a lost money.

Speaking on the incident Josephine said, “If I had taken what doesn’t belong to me, God will punish me. I am contented with my N7, 800 monthly salary. It was not my money. I believe when it pleases God, He will bless the work of my hand and will make me rich.”

Reports state that Agwu has returned lost money and items to owners on two previous occasions.

hmmmm....can you do same?

No comments: